Thursday 15 September 2011

Post NY Blogback.

So i’ve decided that due to popular demand I shall continue my blog on up to the ADCCs and possibly a post fight analysis. Since returning to the UK I have continued trianing but being wary of my knee. Im able to train and spar relatively hard without much pain or discomfort but I am at all times careful and assure I minimalise the movements of the knee that may exacerbate the injury. I’ve also been having some physio work on it, courtesy of one of the students at Mill Hill, Mark Warren, of the Active Chiropractic Healthcare Clinic. It seems that the area is still tender, but ok, and will be 100% come fight time. I’ve also got back into my regular schedule regarding sparring and conditioning. I will be stuffing a large amount of strength and conditioning into the next week to make up for the lack of it in NY.


Yesterday I did my first maximal strength workout with the Kettle Goat (my S&C coach Andrew Marshall) since being back. Its somewhat disheartening to be lifting less weight than you have before, but sometimes this happens. But this heavy compound lift workout will serve to work my nervous system and upon recovering shall be much stronger. If you have to get back strength fast; lift something very heavy a few times. I taught the class later in the evening and by then was knackered, so sparred quite relaxed, working more on technique. Its important to sometimes roll using as little strength as possible and focusing on technique, while its equally important to sometimes roll balls to the wall out muscling your opponent when ever possible. You must train everything; always spar hard and your technical abilities will suffer, always spar light and you’ll never learn to have a killer instinct; possibly one of the most important attributes when it comes to competition.


Today I was suffering from yesterdays training. A single session today just to get the blood pumping around my body to assist with recovery. A sparring session with Mr Dave Onuma. I’ve been working with Dave (BJJ black belt and head of Combined Fighting Systems) for a long while now, going round to his garden dojo (very cool) for weekly sparring sessions. Daves a very knowledgable man and because of this he plays an important part in forumlating my strategy and tactics.


More importantly I have ordered my attire for the post ADCC night out. This is of the upmost importance as im sure you will all agree, and I hope that any of you coming to the ADCC shall be joining my on spoken of night out. A short to the point comeback post. Stay tuned for tomorrow where we ask who would win in a fight a Gorilla or a Lion? Your thoughts ?


Ape out.

2 comments: